Search This Blog

Thursday 4 February 2016

MY SEARCH

At the dawn of the day
The height of slumber
The shadows steal souls away
I leave the warmth and arms of comfort
To search for you each and everyday
At moment's notice
I'm swept away by the thoughts and memories of you
Filled, yet I hunger
For my heart knows
No other can love me the way that you've promised
And that you truly do
The days grow longer and my heart seems to wonder
Oh when will I truly find you
If time could be frozen
Events revisited
Then my steps would always lead me closer to you
Close enough to subdue the fears that clutches at my mind
Close enough to keep you near when life becomes fierce and friends unkind
Close enough to keep me strong through temptation and battles I thought I've already won
Close enough to take me home
Where only those who had truly love will never know any fear



Author: Stephanie Sutherland Souza

1 comment: