Search This Blog

Saturday 2 April 2016

GENTLE WIND

Soft Gentle wind, Will you give of me your time?
For all that I am able to say, Can my words within your torrent fly?
To speak what is within and that's about to die?
For my lips are pursed and have lost the will to sing



My mind is frail and I am unable to sail the tides
This sea of storm that refuses to heed and be finally calm
Will you carry my words of love to those who need it most?
To the hopeless heart, poisoned by the devil's dart
To the weary soul, burdened by his weight of woes
To the hungry child, refused and rejected
Chased and stripped by life's sinful crimes





Will you lift the spirit of the broken?
Heal those who mercilessly have been forgotten?
For my strength is to see them soar
It is my medicine, my only cure




Precious wind, you give life to me
By doing all that my soul bids thee
For in you, God has given breath  
And with you, causes life to spring afresh





So I will wait in hopes of that which is greater
Than that which is often felt
For as gentle as your touch is
As sweet as your arms are
And stirring Your will be
They can never truly bring the needed comfort to me




For He that sits upon the throne
Rides upon your tides
His strength is your Saviour 
And His grace your Maker
In Him I will hide.


Author: Stephanie Sutherland Souza

2 comments:

  1. That penultimate verse grips my mind. "So I will wait in hopes of that which is greater than that which is often felt." Well said!

    ReplyDelete