Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2015

EMBEDDED

The night has shifted...

The dawn of day draws near

 

The pieces of my brokenness slowly merge

To reconstruct what is left of what once was wholeness

 

Tears mingled with regrets

Bitter sweetness

Stirs the hope of love

 

A longing for tenderness

Affections unknown

 

A spoken word

The kindness in your loving eyes

My parched soul longs for you

 

Fountain that gives life

 

Stream that washed the troubled soul

That releases the burdened

 

Hope whispers faith's survival

 

I need you

Come to me

 

I'm knelt beneath your grace

Like a flower tossed by the aggression of the wind

 

Battered...

Stripped of its coverings

Naked

Yet rooted

 

In hopes of the beginning of Spring

 

I stand...

Rooted...

Believing in love

Believing in you

 

Poem by: Stephanie Sutherland Souza

 

No comments:

Post a Comment